Friday, January 16, 2009

Twisting with my Mr.

I have been working on the Twist sweater for my dear Mr. It had been put aside for holiday knitting. I named it that because of the way the stitch pattern looks. The garment is based on the irregular rib raglan from Loop-d-loop by Teva Durham. That pattern is one size and the finished measurement is 46" chest which is just too big. If I eliminate one pattern repeat then it would be too small. The yarn is Blackberry Ridge Silk Blend Medium Weight in the Cobblestone colorway. I find the yarn makes a very stiff fabric that doesn't suit the pattern. So re-work it is.

Mr. was very attracted to the asymmetrical design so that is a feature I kept. I thought a herringbone stitch would be masculine but in my good but not great knitting ability I got that twist instead. (I have not worked with the stitch pattern to figure out what I am doing wrong yet mostly because I kinda like it.) The yarn is slightly smaller than the pattern is written for so I am fudging as I go. I have finished the body and about 5" of the sleeves. This is a slow knit, s l o w... ... I would love to be done. I have other things in my head that are rattling around, making so much noise I am having a hard time staying focused on this. Years ago I discovered I would rather do fun stuff and let the not fun sit for another time. This is a personality flaw I know. I am sure this is another way of saying I am a procrastinator. I am writing this instead of knitting, cleaning or doing laundry. I just like to have fun, I am a girl after all. So I am not allowing myself to stop. Well I will get back at it. Thanks for the break.

p.s. I am having camera issues so don't have new photos.

No comments: