Friday, November 14, 2008

God speed Marc

Have you ever had someone pass away that you knew along time ago and had not seen in years, but it saddened you and left you feeling empty? I got news this week that the boy friend of one of my best friends in high school died. The obituary does not say how. I cannot think of a senior year memory with out him in it. He was the photographer for the year book so every snapshot in the book and in my mind involve him. Life happened and miles come between and before you know it 23 years are gone and so is he. He was living in California and I am here in New York. The memorials on line are from a whole new group of people. Name, faces and memories completely different. How do people so embedded in our daily lives become strangers. That was rhetorical. Life happens and miles come between. What seems worse is that the friend and I have not been in touch for more than 15 years. I have tried to get in touch but got no answer.

I am sad. I can barely move (worse knit).

No comments: