Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


I would like to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! This has always been my favorite holiday. Really it is all about the food. We hosted our family when I was growing up so it holds so many warm and happy memories. My Dad and I have been on pie baking in about the last 15 years, with Mom's help of course. This year I made them by myself since we are 900 miles away. I baked pies and sweet breads and my sister-in-law cooked dinner. We met in the middle in Philadelphia at a friends house and had a big delicious meal.

Car trips mean knitting, duh, and I have been working on miniatures. I cannot find my Advent calendar so I will use up sock yarn scraps to make stockings, mittens and sweaters and we can hang them from our mantle. I have 6 done and 2 days until we start. Luckily they only take 2 -3 hours each. I need to crank them out so I can get to Christmas knitting.

Have a blessed and joyful holiday season.

No comments: