Monday, May 11, 2009

I finished Twisting with My Mr.






Finally, I found toggles to finish the Twist sweater I made for my Mr. I am proud of how it all worked out and I think it will be something he will wear frequently. His work uniform is white polo and khaki pants and the yarn color works well with that. It is light weight and will be a great layering piece. The toggles came from one of my Long Island favorites, Now and Zen in Greenport, and I think they are just what the look needed. Anyway, we went down to the beach to take pictures and as always the T's, the dog and the beach meant fun, fun, fun!

So to recap the Twist Sweater project (Ravelry link) - The pattern is based very loosely on the Irregular Rib Raglan by Teva Durham. In fact the more the sweater progressed the less like her pattern it was. The over all look is similar but I did a lot of altering as I knit. The yarn is Blackberry Ridge Silk Blend Medium Weight in color Cobblestone. A great color but the yarn was a bit stiff while knitting. It did soften with washing. Over all I think it is just right for my guy!!

No comments: