Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A little news

I have not been here for far too long. I just noticed I last posted over a month ago. Hmmm. The last month of school is traditionally very busy and I never seem to get more than a few rows knit on any day. There were weeks in June that I only knit one or two evenings so there is not much new to show. I have finished the body of the cardigan I am working on and have been making progress on the sleeves. I am tried of all the stockinette. I will take some progress pictures as soon as I can. It is pretty and I will get much wear out of it.

One thing to mention is the unexpected car trip we took back to Wisconsin two weeks ago. A very dear friend of ours passed away and so I was able to knit on the drive. 16 hours in the car each way is really not as much knitting as I would have liked. We left at 10 p.m. and drove through the night. My mister and I do well taking turns at the wheel. The time I was not driving I was napping and did so most of the trip. Some knitting was done of course and the body would still not be done had we not gone.

I am still unable to put my thoughts on the loss of Chuck into words. My mister blogged about him. I know that this wonderful man is in heaven. I don't think he is resting in peace, that was not his style. He will be playing hockey and making friends and welcoming new arrivals. God has a plan for the people that Chuck touched and it must include finding happiness in his absence. We will all meet again and I look forward to that day but for now there are still tears when I think of him. Pray for his family and the many friends that the pain of loss will lessen quickly. Ok, maybe I do have some words.

No comments: