Friday, February 6, 2009

Bella, Bella, Bella, and Bella



I finished pair one and two. I timed myself on the second pair and it took 7 hours. I was working out of two skeins and had to finish the second pair to find it took only one skein per pair. I know I have said it many times but the Brown Sheep Lambs Pride is the best yarn and the best value out there. The pattern calls for 220 yards so I got 4 skeins now I have enough for four pairs. When I gave the finished mittens to the teacher that commissioned them another teacher wants the fourth pair! The other day I knit the 7 hours straight and even today still have hand cramps. I know, Boohoo! a whole day of knitting.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Love the finished mittens! I'm thinking of making these out of the same yarn. I noticed the pattern calls for a bulky yarn but you used worsted. Did you knit with it double or single stranded?

simplyamy said...

Hi Claire, The yarn is more of a heavy worsted so I only used one strand. I did have to go to a size 9 needle to get the gauge. The pattern is so nice and fast, the first pair I finished in a weekend while we ran errands, my husband driving!