Friday, February 20, 2009

What I did instead of knitting...




I spent the day taking pictures of almost all of my yarn stash and entering it into the organizer on Ravelry. (to anyone that doesn't know-Ravelry is on online knit and crochet community.) The Stash organizer is so cool it even impressed my geek Mr.!! I now have everything in one place and I can see what I have, in what gauge, and color and how many yards, and now pictures too!!! I have been trying to get at this since I became a member last summer. I do admit my stash is by my laundry and used the mountains as my excuse to stay in the basement all afternoon. (I did not get it all washed yet and no folding took place but tomorrow is another day!) The pictures are of the stash sorted in picture version and the other is the chart version, too cool in my land of knitting!

The other picture is of my new "borrowed" Kindle. I was given it to try till further notice. I was waiting for "Knit Two" to be available in paperback but downloaded it the other night. I read at night when my hands are too tired to knit so hard cover books don't really work. Have you ever dozed off holding a hardcover or gotten a hand cramp? The Kindle is light and easy to hold and just a click of the bar on the side and you are turning pages. Very cool. Another bonus is that you can change the font size so when I am laying down I can take my glasses off and still read. Thank you Mr ?

No comments: